Detailed view of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Exam (KVPY)
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
It is an annual scholarship program financed by the Government of India’s Department of Technology and Science. KVPY aims to inspire students to pursue a career in basic science research. Contingency and Scholarships are awarded to those who pass this skill test (up to the pre Ph.D. level).
Every year, KVPY is held to find and choose highly motivated and exceptionally gifted students with extraordinary cognitive processes and talents. The primary goal of this initiative is to find and develop the brightest scientific minds in India for research and development. It is an annual event created and hosted by the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) in Bangalore.
Due to the present increase in the number of COVID-19 cases, the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana has decided to postpone the national level Fellowship Aptitude Test in January 09, 2022.
The examination board just issued an official declaration indicating that the KVPY Aptitude Test 2022 will not be postponed, and it dismissed all rumors about the exam being postponed. However, the board has released another official letter stating that the KVPY- Aptitude Test 2021 has been postponed due to the rapid increase of COVID-19 cases, numerous state limitations, and weekend curfews.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
The academic qualifications of each stream, citizenship and age conditions are all part of the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, KVPY Eligibility. A student must be at least 16 years old to apply for the SA stream. The lower age limit for the SX stream is 17 years, and the upper age limit for applicants applying for the SB stream is 18 years.
If the candidate meets the required KVPY Eligibility criteria, which are defined according to a separate stream, they will be eligible to successfully appear for the aptitude exam.
For Stream SA:
- Candidates who completed science topics in the XI standard in the academic year 2021 are eligible to take this test.
- Candidates who applied for the test and received at least 75% in aggregate in Science and Math subjects in the X standard board examinations the previous year are eligible to take the aptitude test. In the case of candidates belonging to the SC, ST, or PWD categories, a cutoff of 65 percent in aggregate in Science and Mathematics is required.
- If the student enrolls in an undergraduate course in fundamental science, such as B.Sc, B.S., B.Stat, B.Math, International M.Sc, or International M.Sc, only the fellowship of the student selected under the stream will be active.
- It is needed that the candidate obtains at least 60% of the total marks in science subjects in the XII standard (+2) board examination, whereas it is 50% for candidates from SC, ST, or PWD backgrounds.
- During the one-year interim period, the candidates will be invited to the national scientific camp (Vijyoshi). Each candidate’s travel and other expenses will be covered by the KVPY.
For Stream SB:
- Due to the current COVID-19 scenario, students who have passed the XII Standard Board Examination and are eligible to enroll in the first year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021–22 are eligible to take the aptitude exam as a one-time measure.
- Once selected as a provisional KVPY fellow, the student must produce a study certificate of 1st year B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.
- The fellowship will be activated only if the students selected under this stream enroll in an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) in the academic year 2021-22 and have obtained a minimum of 60% (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in the first year of B.Sc./B.S./B.M.
For Stream SX:
- Students enrolled in XII Standard (Science subjects) during the academic year 2021–22 who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) during the academic year 2022–23.
- The Fellowship will be activated only if the students selected under this stream enroll in an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2021-22 after obtaining a minimum of 60% (50 percent for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board Examination.
- Students in their second year of study at Cambridge International Examination Board who wish to participate in an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S) for the academic year 2022-23.
KVPY Admit Card
KVPY has issued admission cards to all students who have enrolled solely online. Students can access the admit card by logging in with their login information. Students must bring their KVPY to admit card to the exam center to take the exam. Students must download their admit cards from the official website and store them for future use.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the KVPY admit card from the website.
- Visit the official website of KVPY.
- Login with username and password.
- Click on the ‘Admit card’ tab.
- The KVPY admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the same and take a printout of the same for future references.
Examination and Selection Process
Candidates who match the eligibility criteria for the various streams will be summoned for an aptitude test, which will be held in both Hindi and English at various locations across the country on the specified exam date. Candidates will be called for the next step of the KVPY selection procedure based on their performance in the aptitude test.
The interview round will be included in the second stage. Details such as interview dates, times, and locations will be provided through email or publicized on the website. Successful candidates will be awarded the scholarship after passing the entrance exam and the interview stage.
Along with the results, IISc Bangalore will publish the KVPY 2021 cutoff. The cutoff will be announced for candidates in the General, SC/ST, and PWD categories. The KVPY cutoff is used to select candidates for the interview, which is the second level of the exam. The cut-off for each stream is set at 100 points. The cut-off is the aggregate minimum qualifying result for the aptitude exam.
Stream Gen/OBC SC/ST/PwD
SA 52 40
SX 52 40
SB 47 35
KVPY 2022 Exam pattern
|KVPY SA Exam Pattern|
|Section||Part 1||Part 2||Total Marks|
|Total||60 Questions||20 Questions||100 Questions|
|KVPY SB/SX Exam Pattern|
|Subjects||Total Questions in Part – I||Total Questions in Part – II||Total Marks|
|Total||80 Questions||40 Questions||160|
KVPY Mock Tests
The secret to passing a test like KVPY is to practise as much as possible. To practise, you’ll need fake examinations that simulate the feel of a real exam before the real thing. Mock tests let you analyse your weak and strong points, as well as get used to sitting in an exam for three hours straight.
Powered By thinkIIT
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.