BITSAT 2023 : The Ultimate Guide to Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admissions Test
BITSAT 2023 is one of the most sought after engineering entrance exams in India. It is conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) to admit students into its B.E, B.Pharm, M.Sc, and M.Sc. (Tech) programs. In this article, we will provide an in-depth guide to BITSAT 2023, including important dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and preparation tips.
Important Dates for BITSAT 2023
- Release of Application Form: January 2023
- Last date to submit the application form: March 2023
- Slot Booking for Exam: April 2023
- BITSAT 2023 Exam Dates: May 2023
- Declaration of Result: June 2023
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2023
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- They should have scored a minimum of 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- Candidates appearing for their class 12th exams in 2023 can also apply.
Exam Pattern for BITSAT 2023
BITSAT is a computer-based test (CBT) that consists of multiple-choice questions. The exam is divided into four sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning. The total duration of the exam is 3 hours and it contains 150 questions. The table below provides a detailed overview of the BITSAT 2023 exam pattern:
Subjects No. of Questions
Physics 40 Chemistry 40 Mathematics/Biology 45 English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning 15
Syllabus for BITSAT 2023
The syllabus for BITSAT is based on the NCERT syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The subjects covered in the exam are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning. Some of the key topics covered under each subject are:
- Units and Measurements
- Motion in a Straight Line
- Motion in a Plane
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Mathematical Induction
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Biology: Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell: The Unit of Life
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Ability
Preparation Tips for BITSAT 2023
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers to get an idea of the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Focus on your weak areas and try to improve them.
- Study regularly and allocate sufficient time for each subject.
- Use study materials such as textbooks, reference books, and online resources to prepare.
- Practice numerical and analytical problems to improve your problem-solving skills.
- Improve your English language skills, especially your vocabulary and grammar.
- Take mock tests and analyze your performance to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Stay positive, stay focused, and believe in yourself.
BITSAT is a highly competitive exam that requires comprehensive preparation and hard work. By following the tips mentioned above and staying dedicated to your studies, you can increase your chances of performing well in the exam. If you have any questions or need additional guidance, feel free to ask. Good luck with your preparation for BITSAT 2023!
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admissions Test) is an engineering entrance exam conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) to offer admission to undergraduate engineering, pharmacy, and sciences programs. The exam is usually held in the month of May and tests the candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and English. The admission process is based on the scores obtained in BITSAT, Class 12th marks, and personal interview. BITS has campuses in Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa.